REPLACING NORMAL DOUBLE LIGHT SWITCH TO A DOUBLE DIMMER PROB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI PLEASE HELP IM TRYING TO REPLACE MY NORMAL DOUBLE LIGHT SWITCH TO A DOUBLE DIMMER SWITCH TOOK OFF THE WALL PLATE AND PLACED THE WIRES EXACTLY AS THEY WERE ON THE LAST ONE AND NOW ONLY 1 LIGHT IS BEING CONTROLLED.
ALL THE WIRES IN USE WERE BROWN AND IT HAS 3 BLUE AND 3 EARTH BUT THESE WERE NOT CONNECTED TO ORIGINAL SWITCH THEY HAVE BEEN CAPPED OFF AND ITS A NEW BUILD PROPERTY.

PLEASE HELP

Sponsored Links
Make sure you have connected all the blues together and to nothing else
and connected all the earths together and to back box and switch if metal.

Sponsored Links
How many brown wires have you got?

I can tell you categorically that if you had placed the conductors in the right places, then the switch would work... :cry:

How many brown wires have you got?

I can tell you categorically that if you had placed the conductors in the right places, then the switch would work... :cry:

That is assuming the dimmer is able to cope with the load on the (now) non working circuit. The 250VA dimmer may have fried itself in the first nanosecond in trying to zizz a 500watt load..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back