Richmond Stoves Wok Burner cuts out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Richmond Stoves 1100DFT cooker, which was installed about three weeks ago. I have only used the wok burner once, and now it cuts out after about 1 minute of use. Has anyone got any ideas?

I know that you will be thinking 'surely it is under warranty', but (sadly) I bought it in the UK before I moved to France, thinking it was a good, reliable make, and now discover that the warranty is not valid outside the UK, and it seems as if my 'statutory rights' no longer apply either (despite purchasing it in the UK while I was a UK resident!)

The person on the 'help line' said it was 'probably the thermocouple', but I am not sure what this is, or what it does, and the only similar thing on their spares list is a 'thermal cut out', and I am not sure if this is the same thing.

Please can someone help?

Chris

Sponsored Links
1st thing I`d check would be whether it`s the correct gas you`re using for the appliance.
Then I`d get the pressure checked.
Unlikely to be the thermocouple as they usually work or don`t.
Also make sure the bottom of the wok is not too near the burner ie: try it with a large flat bottomed pan.see if it`s ok.

Thanks for your reply macfudd,

It is definitely the right gas, and I think the pressure must be OK as the other burners work fine. I have tried it with all sorts of pans, and it just does the same thing. When it cuts out there is a definite 'click' - don't know if this sheds any light on the problem.

Chris

The definite click you hear is the thermo=electric valve shutting off the gas,but we knew that was happening.It could be a loose connection from the t/couple to the T/electric valve.
Is the flame continually touching the t/couple tip?even when the burner cuts off?

Sponsored Links
Hi again,

No, it wasn't. I had a fiddle and found that the nut at the base was loose. Tightened it and it seems to work OK now (fingers crossed).

Thank you for your help. :)

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back