bath panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone help we have just had a bathroom suite fitted, very nice. the plumber has left us too fit the new bath panel very good of him, all i know we need to make a frame work to screw the panel too, we dont know how to start as there is a 4inch gap from bath end too wall , had a look on b+q diy page nothing , please can anyone help, i really could do with a drawing to help,
best wishes Chrissy. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You can start with say 2"x1" screw to the floor and same lenght above under the bath with upright support in between using L-shape brackets.

Hi Chrissy,
I had the same problem with the end of my bath 4 ins from wall, which meant building the frame to the length of the bath and having no end panel and a big gap which I did not relish.
I finished up making a frame from wall to wall, scrapping the supplied bath side panel and making two shorter panels from cabinet doors, so either side can be removed without any difficulty. A small frame was also made and supported on the walls and 1st frame, this frame was covered with plywood and held one row of tiles to overlap the edge of the bath by 10 mm.
You could fit your new bath panel but you would still need to finish off the last 4 ins, you could use tiles on plywood or MDF.
The frame only needs 2 horizontal pieces of 2 in by 1 in wood and 3 or 4 vertical pieces.
Hope this helps.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for the advice worked a treat job done on too the next room removing textured paint off bedroom walls the next house we buy got to be all new decor only two more rooms and hall stairs landing, yuk thanks guys for the help :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back