Walko work benches/stations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone any experience with these?

http://www.walko.nl/producten.html

I started out looking for an alternative to a B&D workmate, and just started going higher and higher in the price stakes.

These appear cheaper than Festool, and possibly more versatile.

Just wondered if people had any experience with them?

Sponsored Links
whilst it looks good and very flexible

a workmate and a saw horse would be just as useful

power sawing on the side will be dangerous with more weight as there will be tendency to tip

not sure how it would stand up to heavy hammering as the top is only supported along the center

having said all that it may be the best bench since sliced bread
i am assuming around the £250 mark???

Looks quite good, but I like to stand on my B&D workmate, also cover it with loads of plaster ' then throw it in the van , then leave it out the back garden to clean off.
You don't want to know how badly I treat my saw horses.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. The points you've all raised do play on my mind a bit!

I'll give the UK supplier a ring today and see just how much one of them is.

I think I've either go to make some sort of work top with sliding jaws (sash clamp style) for my pair of trestles, or accept modern business and buy a workmate!

Hi lankypaddy. Have you considered the Triton superjaws. I can recommend them , they're Very versatile tough and have got an incredible grip.

I thought about the super jaws, but wondered how well they would work when holding a sheet of wood horizontally and your working on the edge. Just because they've only got a central clamp?

Those combined with a saw horse would probably be a good combo.

I spoke to the Walko distributor, and with a deal they curerntly have the Walko 3, a set of clamps and set of work struts is £430 inc vat. So less than I was anticipating, but still expensive.

Decided to properly investigate the SuperJaws and found they were a really good product.

Discovered the SuperJaws designer moved on and created a new version under the name "Worx Professional Jawhorse".

Looked at a few reviews and videos and decided to order myself one :)

Thanks for saving me a small fortune iaith!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back