Clarification for Cement Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am facing a new type of problem since last few months/year.After Cement Paint is apllied on New Rendering after Proper Surface Preparation,After Monsoons whent the Surface Dries WHITESS Patchy Appreance is observed.When the Same Surface is wetted again,we are not able to see the Patchy appreance.
What i understand is that this is \\\"Calcium Sulphate Salt Formation\\\".
Please Advice me if this can be avoided by adding some additive in the formulation & also if we can remove this formatation with help of some solution.
I will really appreciate the feed back at the earliest.
Regards

Sponsored Links
If it is effloresence you will need to re coat of the wall with alkali resisting primer.

Are the patches looking like salty cristals?

What are you meaning by Cement paint?....do you mix it up yourself?..powder/water mix?

Zampa said:
If it is effloresence you will need to re coat of the wall with alkali resisting primer.

Are the patches looking like salty cristals?

What are you meaning by Cement paint?....do you mix it up yourself?..powder/water mix?

Yes Cement Paint is in Powder Form & during Application it is mixed with Water.
Cement Paint Consituients are:- White Cement,Lime,Sterates,Tio2,Cacl2.
Can Lime be Replaced with any other Mineral to Reduce Effloresence.
Regards

Sponsored Links
ok...forget the idea of the alkali primer...it probably will not take to the cement paint.

The lime in it has a few purposes...one of which is too help prevent mould growth ...and also to keep it white.

You could try cutting it down and replacing some of it with titanium dioxide or another white pigment...its a long shot though.

Im no paint chemist im affraid.....i would suggest you contact the makers or one of the large paint companies over here..

Sorry I cannot help you much more than this. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back