buzzing sound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
on replacing one-way with a dimmer i not only have a buzz from the switch (normal) but also from the light itself (noisy!!). the light is halogen GU4 low pressure 12v 10w x 10bulbs. THe dimmer said 400w max (halogen 250w max) i believe i only have 100w on it (10w x 10bulbs) any ideas as it is impossible to have light on due to noise!!
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
depends which way you want to look at it for your answer. either the dimmer switch is wrong or the lights are wrong.

you can not use an ordainairy dimmer switch on low voltage lights.(that is the dimmer you have now)

you will either have to change the dimmer or the transformer (which is why you say the light is buzzing, its the transformer for the lights)

or you could change the lights transformer, to an electronic dimable transformer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back