Vaillant combi compact GB 240 FAULT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks iam new on here and have a property in Stoke on Trent with the above boiler, problem is after about 5 mins running it locks out\shuts down. Pilot remains on after its left for a while, it will run again for 5 mins or so. Right iam a spark but know very little about boilers but is obvious its over heating so is it a temp sensor. I did notice that the temp gauge doesn't work either

Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
your right it probably is overheating but i doubt it is to do with temp sensor more likely flowrate so blocked plate heat exchanger or failed pump. is there pressure in the system?

This is an open flued appliance.

IMPORTANT: Get the engineer who carried out your last Landlords gas safety inspection to check the appliance. There may be a fluing or heat input related issue. Later 240 models had a flue spillage stat, and it sounds from your description like it is preventing the boiler from running. It is possible carbon monoxide could be entering the property.

My advice would be not to use the boiler till it is checked by a Gas Safe engineer.

Is that a self resetting flue stat as the symptoms would imply?

If I recall the equivalent stat on the o/f Worcester is manually reset which is what I would expect it to be.

Tony

Sponsored Links
No Tony u would b wrong don't question the bunny men! I am with 831 on this DONOT USE UNTIL FLUE AD GAS PRESSURES ARE CHECKED these have a flue sensor which reacts to the heat if the flue is spilling and yours is a classic case

Cheers for the info guys, anyone know a gas safe engineer in stoke or should i pay Vaillant fixed price turnout

more info

when hot water tap is turned on there are no problems, however when heating is turned on burners go out after 5 to 10 mins temp gauge doesnt work either

hello again, ran water for over 10 mins without any problems. Have you got any more things i could try

thanks in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back