Long range Wirless CCTV Microwave?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have used the search funtion... - But I'm struggling to find out about a decent camera to fit into our existing system.

Basically we want to monitor a car park area out of view, and will require a camera and transmitter back to a reciever about 40m away.

Any ideas or recommendations?

Sponsored Links
try CCTVDIRECT google them, have a look around, they have soon good kit thre.

should be something available to you

Oasis

Sponsored Links
Or minutes... lol

How would you power it though?

Electricity, unless that's a trick question?

The reason it needs to be wireless is it will be crossing a carpark, and wireless is easier (and quicker) than hiring a breaker and digging a trench to run coax across it.

Thanks for the cctvdirect link, but they only do 15m distance, and I need 40meters possibly plus.

Some decent kit now works up to 5k.
Do not buy the cheaper stuff on 2.4 as everything runs on that.
But as mentioned is there power on the site?

The reason it needs to be wireless is it will be crossing a carpark, and wireless is easier (and quicker) than hiring a breaker and digging a trench to run coax across it.

Thanks for the cctvdirect link, but they only do 15m distance, and I need 40meters possibly plus.
You didn't look properly.

Ad the question still remains, how are you going to power it?

You didn't look properly.

Ad the question still remains, how are you going to power it?

You're being rather obtuse... I've said it will be powered by electricity, how specific do you want? 230v +/-10 @ 50hz? Are you trying to getting at EoP? - The power is delivered by a seperate consumer unit to where the feed is required so is a non-starter.

and wireless is easier (and quicker) than hiring a breaker and digging a trench to run coax across it.
You would only need to cut a slot a few inches deep in the surface with a concrete saw. Then run coax and 12 volt power lines in the bottom of the slot. Optional cover them with an inch of sand and then fill the slot with either two part resin, hot melt bitumen or a mortar mix.

This is how the sensing loops for traffic lights and traffic counters are set into the road surface.

With wireless over 40 metres you are likely to get interference from other equipment on the same channel. Maybe not when you install it but later when an other system is installed near by.

http://www.hss.com/g/43234/Floor-Track-Saw-Petrol-350mm.html

Some decent kit now works up to 5k.
Do not buy the cheaper stuff on 2.4 as everything runs on that.
But as mentioned is there power on the site?

I really dont know why I bother sometimes.

there is a companu called melsecure, they do units that will transmit over longer distances
short range 300m + for about £450.00
available from ADI Gardiners

not used it myself, but the tech spec looks good

call ADI local brnach and ask

Oasis

there is a companu called melsecure, they do units that will transmit over longer distances
short range 300m + for about £450.00
available from ADI Gardiners

not used it myself, but the tech spec looks good

call ADI local brnach and ask

Oasis

Thanks oasis - finally someone talking a bit of sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back