Vehicle wireless cctv and harddrives data storage ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question any wireless cctc cameras that can be rigged up to a vehicle 12 volt to record on a hard drive ina house and any mobile vehicle based cctv sytems with record faciliteis availble that anyones knows of ....
thanks.

Sponsored Links
Great ! any chance of a longer answer that will point me in the right direction ? please and Thank you !

Sponsored Links
After my son fitted a wireless camera in the fishpond outside so we could watch the fish on the tele got me thinking ...........he did it as a suprise for his mum.

I remember watching a posted video of an american recreational vehicle, he must have fitted cameras in to the door rear view mirrors, anyway he caught a late fifties year old chap scratching and vandalising both sides of his vehicle !

So I thought some experts in this field could point me in the right direction !
to see whats available and where and potential pitfalls !

PS was thinking interms of minature type spy cameras !

something like : http://www.roadhawk.co.uk/

Wireless DVR recording may work fine while it is on your drive, but what if you drive away?

Instead how about using a 12v DVR and a solid state HDD hidden somewhere in the car. You can usually get the data off via a USB port etc.

The SS drive should survive the knocks and bumps of our roads better than a conventional one.

Yes - just found that.

Even better than messing with another type.
Although I would replace the HDD myself, especially with the roads near where I live.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back