ideal classic boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
just joined in the hope that someone might answer my question.
I have a ideal classic fan flue boiler that was installed about 5 years ago,the fan stopped working so the boiler shut down, ordered a new fan flue unit and fitted it, after discussion with a gas safe plumber who also said i should'nt fit it but he would check it, i'm an electrician with 35 years experience by the way.
Anyway, when i came to change it, the manual says to disconnect the two silicone tubes from the top of the flue,which are the pos and neg venturi safety system, when i looked both tubes looked like they've never been connected as the tubes were not enlarged at the end, but the boiler has worked the last 5 years.
anyone know how ?

Sponsored Links
Well as you know you should not have been opening the combustion chamber or touching the fan.

Its possible some imbecile has altered the boiler wiring to make it work regardless of the safety aspect.

Clearly you NEED a gas registered engineer to check the boiler for safety.

Based on your past performance it seems you are asking for advice here to try to get it working again WITHOUT getting a professional!

Sponsored Links
Agile";p="2083757 said:
Well as you know you should not have been opening the combustion chamber or touching the fan.

Its possible some imbecile has altered the boiler wiring to make it work regardless of the safety aspect.

Clearly you NEED a gas registered engineer to check the boiler for safety.

Based on your past performance it seems you are asking for advice here to try to get it working again WITHOUT getting a professional![/quote
The boiler only has a 230v supply, no one has altered the internal wiring, it appers to me that ideal have a safety circuit that we pay for that does'nt work. i have had a gas safe plumber check it out and he can't explain it
By the way the boiler works with or without the tubes connected.
Answer this then, with both tubes disconnected and only the flue test tube connected why does the boiler still shut down when the fan stops.

i have had a gas safe plumber check it out and he can't explain it
By the way the boiler works with or without the tubes connected.

Answer this then, with both tubes disconnected and only the flue test tube connected why does the boiler still shut down when the fan stops.

Quite clearly your plumber is not very good with boilers if he cannot understand how they work! You need to get a better engineer ( rather than plumber ).

Whatever you ask for, I am not going to give you inappropriate gas advice which would be contrary to the forum rules.

It would only be deleted anyway.

Tony

ok thanks
e mail on its way to Ideal, don't mind paying for an engineer as i have grandchildren sleeping in the same room.
One suggestion was that there wes a fault with the PCB, in which case is there other boilers of the same batch with the fault that would not show up on a service ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back