Stobe problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son has a Accenta mini G3 alarm fitted with a remote LED keypad, the bell box type is unknown. recently the strobe light began to flash approx every 10 seconds. The alarm will set and operates in all the prescribed tests.
Any one any solutions

Sponsored Links
What is on the keypad/logs?
A picture of the bell might be helpful.

There is nothing on the keypad/logs, tamper and attack clear as is all zones. Unable to supply picture at this time. any help will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I would hazard a guess that you have a Texecom bell box (does it have two green LED's that alternate at the bottom?). There was a fault with these several years ago where once the strobe was triggered, it would carry on flashing, regardless of the state of the panel. The built in "strobe tube saver" software of these bell boxes slows the flash rate of the strobe down to around 8hz one hour after activation (one flash every 8 seconds or so)

This may explain your problem!

Hence asking for a picture :D

[

Find above pictures of bellbox, My son powered down the system and removed the battery from the panel, the strobe stopped, on reconnection the strobe remained off until the mains power was resumed. All the logs where ok and the system was fully operational apart from the strobe which was flashing every 10 seconds approx.
Any ideas :confused:

When you say mains, you mean he reconnected the panel battery and everything was fine? But when the mains was reconnected the strobe started again.

You have to be specific if you can.
What panel is it?

Also did you just remove the strobe output as suggested. Fault finding is about a step by step proceedure, not ripping everything apart at once.

When you say mains, you mean he reconnected the panel battery and everything was fine? But when the mains was reconnected the strobe started again.

You have to be specific if you can.
What panel is it?

Also did you just remove the strobe output as suggested. Fault finding is about a step by step proceedure, not ripping everything apart at once.

Yes everthing fine with the battery back in the panel and running the system the strobe only started when the mains power was switched back on.
The panel is an 8SP 400N Accenta mini G3 with remote keypad.

When you say remove the strobe output I presume you mean the strobe + connection. I assume to do this he will have to remove the panel front cover, remove the ouput, refit the cover to check the result.
He did not do this but checked all the connections which he found to be ok.
Where you able to identify the bellbox from the pictures?

This is a long-shot, but I once trapped the strobe negative in the metal panel lid which shorted it to earth - and hence the flashing. As soon as I took the lid off to look - it stopped. Take a look to see if the strobe wire is well clear of the lid.

Yes and no, Avanti maybe?
Also I believe the end station (panel is plastic, so discount the trapped -ve trigger).

Yes put evrtything back and remove the strobe trigger from the panel.
This will prove if it stops the panel trigger is at fault.
If not there is a wiring issue, then remove the trigger from the sounder as well as the panel. If it stops its a wiring issue, if not its the sounder unit itself.
Hecne taking things step by step.

My son removed the strobe feeds from the panel and the strobe stopped. We presume that this means the fault is with the panel. The system is currently running with the strobe disconnected and the alarm sets with no problems or any zones or tamper lights lit.
Is it safe to run the system in this manner?
Any advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back