Hide a gas pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

i'm currently doing up my living room. I've made the mistake of getting some very nice plaster mould coving professionally installed, but i forgot to move the gas pipe (which provides upstairs gas heating) into a corner.

Now the issue is that it looks very ugly and i can't remove it, so my question is that can i somehow hide this into a wall? if so how and if not, then what best way can i hide this?

4nsg.jpg

Sponsored Links
your best asking the registered gas guy/girl who will be moveing it for you.

I have. My friend is corgi registered, but he said that he can't recommend putting it behind skirting as someone could come along after i move out and puncture it by mistake. He said that he prefers that i hide it instead...how, he doesn't know.

metal plate would stop someone hammering a nail into it ;) p.s id be looking for someone gassafe registered.

Sponsored Links
I have. My friend is corgi registered, but he said that he can't recommend putting it behind skirting as someone could come along after i move out and puncture it by mistake. He said that he prefers that i hide it instead...how, he doesn't know.

Rather than behind skirting, run it under the floor. Obviously.

Rather than behind skirting, run it under the floor. Obviously.

@ expertgasman - how mate? The pipe needs to go from downstairs to upstairs

I know that, but how were you going to run it up the wall behind skirting :rolleyes:

I assumed you were able to run it behind skirting to a cupboard or some such thing and then up stairs.

As has been mentioned, you could [protect the pipe. Modern houses have pipes dropping behind plasterboard, and enveloped in dot n dab. I dont rreally see how that complies with the protection issue, but they get away with it.

Since gas pipes are sometimes run outside a building when new boilers require larger bore pipes, what are the regs or indeed dangers of running this pipe outside?

The only danger is theft and visuality. (appearance and disappearance!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back