Are all baths created equal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Jsuta quick question. We are getting our bathroom done have had a price for the supply of a bath (Corran Halycon square freestanding bath) at a cost of £1,300 odd (incl VAT). I think this is a little steep and have seen an equivalent (Royce Morgan - Chiswick) for approx £800 (incl. VAT).

Is there really £500 difference?

Does anyone have experience of either option and can provide an opinion on pros and cons?

Are there any other suitable alternatives?

Interested to hear your replies.

Kind regards

R

Sponsored Links
The main difference is the thickness of the plastic (acrylic). More expensive usually means thicker material.

However if spending that kind of money, a plastic bath is nonsense.

Hi Flameport,

Thanks for the advice. If a plastic bath for that kind of money is nonsense, could you point me in the direction of an alternative bath in the same style that would offer better value for money? Or could you point me in the direction of a bath in the same style (and made of plastic) for a significantly cheaper amount (without affecting the quality).

I am going cross-eyed trawling the internet looking at baths!!

Thank you

R

Sponsored Links
I already figured steel or cast iron :D , I just haven't seen any baths made of steel or cast iron in the style I was after, so was asking for someone to point me in the direction of any square, freestanding baths made of steel/ cast iron/ another material.

I had a look and the steel types are around £3k or £4k.

You can get considerably cheaper for a more conventional bath (inner shape) with a square surround.

The more expensive version you looked at comes in two different materials, the cheaper acrylic version (5mm) is about the same as the Chiswick.

If you must go for a particular style then consider this square bath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back