No mains water!

cat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently replaced the kitchen, and replaced the piping leading to the new tap. Strangely, I now have an intermittent supply of water coming straight off the mains (the kitchen sink is the first water outlet after it enters the house). Sometimes it is only the kitchen sink that is affected (both hot and cold), at other times the bathroom taps are also dry, and at other times it works perfectly. The only mistake that i can see that I made is that I forgot that the I'd bought a directional stop-cock, and so put it on upside down. But I can't see how that can be the cause of the trouble. Any suggestions??? many thanks.

Sponsored Links
A directional stop cock is likely to have a floating or movable valve inside, when fitted correctly the pressure of water holds the valve open, when fitted incorrectly the pressure is trying to close the valve, therefore stopping or restricting the flow.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back