Ronseal 7 year exterior paint... How many coats?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought this in Oxford blue for a new front door. Primed, given it two coats and it's still not a consistent colour. I'm not sure looking at if if even the third coat will do it. Anyone got any experience of this paint and colour?

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid Ronseal paints dont have a very good reputation, if you have managed to apply a third coat and are satisfied with the finish then fine, if not you could use Crown Solo. Solo is available in oxford blue and will solve your problem, lightly sand using 400 grit wet wipe down and apply one coat of Solo.

Dec

Oh yes, been using Solo for quite a while now yet at first I did have my reservations, now i've got a special name for it. ;)

Dec

Sponsored Links
Twenty years ago it was the worst paint in history - now it's just about the best.

C'mon - wot's the special name? :mrgreen:

It was term that I come across whilst browsing another site although I have previously mentioned it on here. ;)

Dec

Thanks folks - just bought the Crown Solo and yes, it's far better. Shame about the Ronseal as I've used their garage floor paint which I liked and have also been happy with their white gloss (although it's satin, not gloss).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back