De-aerator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am seeking to replace the de-aerator in my CH system with an identical one to minimise the plumbing work. The one fitted is about the size of a drinks can (120mm from top to bottom) and has two adjacent 28mm fittings in the bottom and a single, central 22 mm fitting at the top. I am unable to find another similar as most have a side fitting rather than two at the bottom. Does anyone know of a potential source of a this style of de-aerator?

Sponsored Links
i am not a pumber or heating engineer, so i have no idea as to what you are refeing to, but is it or could it also be known as an "automatic air vent" only, i found a few of them, but they didnt all have pictures

Myson made a one that sound verry simaler.your best off going to a large plumbers merchants and see first hand whats

available. When you do replace it be carefull not to use to much solder ,you can end up with a small drop inside which will rattle and drive you mad. Cog

Don't know where you'd still get one of these - but I've got one myself in exactly the configuration you describe. It's an 'Airsep' and it's made by 'Tower Flue Components'. I only know this because I've got the original paperwork left by the previous owners of my house. If you do find where to get one, let us all know - me especially, as mine probably won't last forever!

Sponsored Links
doubt if jeff will reply, that was his one and only post (look under his name) and he made that in July :cry:

It may be necessary if it is fitted in a low head situation, such as a Glowworm
Ultimate in a bungalow, if it's got one now I would fit a new one of some description.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back