Floor Preparation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just lifted the ceramic tiles in my kitchen. I have been left with lots of dried floor adhesive. Does anyone have any advice on the easiest way to remove this ?

Any tips and advice would be appreciated. Does anyone know what a textured surface remover does and if it would be a suitable option ?

Help

Sponsored Links
What is involved? Can you hire a scraper ? I have been "scraping by on my hands & knees and it has taken 3 hours to to a 2 Sq metre area.

and..............my hands are very sore

Check a hire-centre, most of them now hire out scrapers.
But where I was after was more info on what type of adhesive, how thick etc ;)

Sponsored Links
homehelper said:
I have just lifted the ceramic tiles in my kitchen. I have been left with lots of dried floor adhesive. Does anyone have any advice on the easiest way to remove this ?

Any tips and advice would be appreciated. Does anyone know what a textured surface remover does and if it would be a suitable option ?

Help
you can remoce adhesive from flooring by soaking it with plain vinegar for about 20 minutes then use a good scraper and it will lift right off after the remaining stuff can be mopped up with a wet mop the flooring will look as good as new ;thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back