Cold Water feed Electric Shower and vibration/noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've fitted this Shower and all works a ok ( got a sparky to do the electrics) However, When you turn the shower down to medium to cold heat I get alot of Vibration/noise which is amplified by the water passing through the Shower. How do I stop it? Do I have to open up the wall the pipe is in and clip the pipe to something or could I put one of those Flexible pipes in between the copper pipe and the shower to "dampen" the noise? Its driving my tennants nuts when they have Hangovers in the morning lol! Has anyone got any suggestions on how to stop it? Surely it cant be the washer, since its a newly fitted shower

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ps thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Here's my thoughts in MY order of preference

1 Leave it as it is and help them curb their drinking habits

2 Dont use medium to cold heat

3 Is it possible to drill a small hole in the wall and fill it full of fixer foam?

4 Clip the pipe

5 Use a flexible connector

I dont like the last one at all cos it aint proper plumbing and it isnt what flexible connectors were designed for.

I've got a feeling you might go for number 3

Cool! thanks v much, ill try it. when the buildr fitted the pipe he didnt think to put it next to anything to clip so theres nothing to clip it to!!!!!Foam is lookin good, i just hope it works!

Sponsored Links
when the buildr fitted the pipe he didnt think to put it next to anything to clip so theres nothing to clip it to!!!!!
Well he didn't do it to regs then, get him back to fix it or ask for a discount.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back