New fitted rad cold at bottomOK so I

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OKso very pleased with myself, I swapped the single 700x500 rad in the bathroom for a Stelrad 700x500 P+ double. All went well, no problems and even flushing out the system seem to go just right, the water flowed clean and all the radiators got hot first time!

The problem. My system is such that the bathroom radiator is always on when the hot water is on.
When switched on so its only heating the water the new radiator is womderfully and evenly hot.
However, switch the heating & water on and the radiator is not quite so warm and does not get hot at the bottom, there is a very definate North/south divide!

I have bled and bled the radiator both with the pump running and not running, and plenty of water but no air at all comes out

It's beginning to wizz me off - I thought things were going too well!

Sponsored Links
You've fitted a larger rad and will need to balance the other rads to encourage a better flow to the new rad.
Do not bleed with the pump running.

I had a feeling that might be the case. The problem I have in trying to figure out the order of flow. The first radiator to warm up is downstairs hallway, then we have two in the living room which seem to heat up at the same time!
Same upstairs, 1st and 3rd bedroom seem to heat up at the same time - how critical is it to work in the order the rads are start to finish? and as the new radiator (the one with the problem is in this loop with the hot water and again seems to heat as quickly as the hallway, it is difficult to know which to go for first

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back