tileing up to a wooden floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am laying a ceramic tile floor, any ideas how to join the tiles to the wooden floorboards in the other half of the room.

Sponsored Links
use a modified adhesive and grout. you need to do this to allow for movement in the floor.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I get the flexible grout and adhesive advise but I have a similar problem, I want to lay a solid wooden flooring in the dining end of the kitchen and ceramic tiles at the working end of the kitchen, both are being laid on concrete flooring, I know that the wooden flooring will have to be laid on a plywood board - my question is how do I compensate for the difference in the heights of the wooden flooring and the tiles where they meet (even if the tiles are laid on the same plywood board there will still be a height difference of about 1cm to 0.5cm - do I have to build up the ply under the tiles or ?? I've seen the end result before where the tiles meet the wooden flooring practically seamlessly and it looks great! I just don't know how they did it!

Any ideas?

Catgirl

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back