MEM OLD HRC FUSE CARRIER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there , anyone know where i could get a 30A ac30 HRC fuse carrier made by MEM please

I was removing the fuse carrier and its snapped .its the old style brittle white plastic. Not sure how Im going to get to the fuse as the "cover" is detatched from the fuse housing. Any thoughts would be appreciated and where I might be able to get a new one . regards numpty fool who thought it was stuck , and then broke it !

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As the fuse carriers are obsolete, it would probably be easier to replace it with an MCB. Highly likely that the circuit is suitable without any modification, although this would have to be checked.

Hi I know wnowt about electrics but can recall someone saying you cant add mcb`s to an existing board/insurance etc problems
Generallty how much would a new circuit board cost ( it is a MEM 2000) and how much would an electrician charge to replace the board for his labour please. I know thats a bit vague but i have no idea how long it would take to fit ect so just want a rough estimate for typical labour cost .Thanks

it was on here somewhere , but applied to mcbs made by a different company to the board maker , or even if the parts were different name brands after a take over ect , supposedly checked with neic or whatever and insurers and manufacturers wont take liability for mix and match board and mcbs

If they are made by a different company, then there may well be issues.
However MCBs for that board are still available, and will be a fraction of the price of a new board.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
If memory serves correctly, then MEM technical advise that for additions to those 1990's memera 2000 boards that the memsheild 2 range is used. Newer versions of the memera 2000 use a different replacement as the busbar stab became narrower on the later boards.

However, while memshield 2 breaker fitted nicely as advised... it looked a little out of place

Neweys should have memsheild 2 range on shelf... certainly they carry mem as stock around here, bur might vary across country

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back