gel Ink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help:
How do I get rid of GEL INK spots in my son's pants? I tried hair spray, alcohol, peroxide, Pre-wash stain remover, nothing seems to work.
Thank you.
:( :rolleyes: :?: :eek:

Sponsored Links
My son washed 2 ink gel pens with some of his best clothes, and not seeing the ink, he dried them. :( We both were sick when we saw the very severe, widespread ink stains. I tested some places with different suggestions I found on the internet--milk, and equal parts of cold water, ammonia and lemon juice. Finally, tried Borax. I soaked the clothes overnight with double the suggested amount, and laundry detergent. It took out a great deal of the ink, a few of the items will be wearable so far. I used cold water though,-- but didn't dry them this time. So I will be rewashing them in the same way but with in hot water. If this doesn't work I will be trying double the recommended amount of Oxyclean, laundry detergent, and hot water, soaking over night. I saw this on another web site. I am very encouraged that most of the clothing will be recovered.--Good luck, hope this may help!

I am so glad I found this site. Last night when I took my scrubs out of the dryer for work I found that one of my gel pens went through the dryer.

With any luck I can save my work clothes. Also trying to get lipstick out of a load of clothes. Any ideas?

Over here, we have a range of stain-removers sold in little bottles. Don't you have that in your laundry powders and potions sections?

Sponsored Links
There was some stuff I got one time called Goop or something like that.
Worked great for removing matalic paint off my husband. I still laugh about that one. He looked like the tin man. lol Havent' been able to find it again and I forgot where it was that I bought the stuff. Now that I think about it, I will do a search for the stuff.

Unless the pants were Calvin Klein or similar, is it really worth the bother.
the cost of the solvents would probably equal the price of a new pair of pants. They seem so cheap here now.

Milton will probably get it out, that is if you can buy it over there, but it would probably shorten the life of the fabric anyway.

"Pants" is American for Trousers.

"Pants" is English for Underwear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back