door light flashing on hotpoint WF210

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the end of the wash cycle - the door interlock light flashes and the door won\\\'t open. I tried a new door interlock which hasn\\\'t cured the problem.
Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Sometimes the door interlock goes short circuit and burns out copper strips on the main circuit board. Unless you are handy with a soldering iron this is a job best left to an appliance engineer.

For your information - I discovered that it was caused by a fault on the electronics - The on-off button isn't a proper switch - it's a button that sends an instruction to the board and the machine is switched on and off by a solid-state device (a triac or something ?) - If you switch off at the wall socket the door will open after the time delay...... but as soon as you switch on the wall plug, the lock activates...... even though no lights are on, on the panel. The machine operates perfectly well.... even the on-off button works on the programming of the machine, but the door stays activated whilst the machine is plugged in !
The original door interlock is back in the machine and operating perfectly, by using the wall plug.
Richard

I've not worked on your model but i think it is one of the new 3 phase machines. I take it the warranty has run out?

Sponsored Links
No, it's not 3 phase; it's an ordinary domestic machine. It's around 2 years old. A new board is probably expensive - we are nursing it along by switching off at the wall to open the door at the moment.

I didn't mean the supply was 3 phase. This latest range of machines has Hotpoint mechanical parts with Indesit / Ariston electronics. Having done a bit more research it seems only certain models use a 3 phase motor with inverters to generate the supply. Machines with this type of motor contain large capacitors which can give you a shock if touched some minutes after the appliance is unplugged.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back