Hotpoint first edition not spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint First Edition 1100 Model WD51. The machine has recently been refurbished, the machine was symphoning which I have now fixed, but the machine will now not spin. I know it could be the motor brushes but I was hoping I could check everything else before I get an engineer. Only poblem is I don\\\'t know where any of these things are.

Sponsored Links
what exactly do you mean when you say "refurbished"

why was it done, and who did it

and as for the brushes try a search for my name (in author)and hotpoint as subject

I'm afraid I can't answer that, as the landlord bought it and I can't get in touch with him at the moment.

The washing machine has worked previously its just started not working last night. The washing machine makes loads of clicking noises, if that helps.

Thanks for the quick response.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, I'm not used to these technical terms!!

I meant when the waste pipe is to low and the water just seems to flow straight through the machine.

as you said
se99paj said:
I'm afraid I can't answer that, as the landlord bought
unless he sold i to you, it is his responsability to get it fixed, but if you really want to ddiy, follow my previous advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back