Little black lines

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 5 year old Maytag washing machine. I get litte black lines about 2"-3" (5-8 cm). What could be causing them?

Sponsored Links
We've been experiencing the same problem with little black/brown lines on clothing. Have you found any answers??? We're puzzled too. Thanks!

I was getting huge black lines on mine. It was lumps of mould that floated about the wash then on contact, they splodged along the cloth leaving black lines. Clean the filters. Try a couple of boil washes without soap/softner.
I've done that and there is less and less each time. Away to try a 'light' wash again.

Sponsored Links
It was the mold/mildew in the upper spaces of the washer falling into the wash & creating stains/lines on clothing. I cleaned the areas with a washcloth & bleach & then used a butter knife to push the washcloth all the way into the crevices & clean out the mold/mildew, which has obviously accumulated over the 8 years of use (EWWW!) :evil: Problem solved!!! :) Thank you!!! :D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back