Zanussi 1030 Washer overfilling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advise on what to check/replace please :confused: .
Instruction Booklet does not cover this failure mode.

What causes overfilling of machine.
Water spills out of the detergent draw (Tesco Power used).

If Drain (N) is selected, water will be pumped out without any problem.

Thanks TooTall

Sponsored Links
a m/c only stops filling when there is enough water for the wash load, it does this by water pressure.

on the main outer drum there is a "bottle" this bottle also get filled with water, but it also traps air as it fills.

this air is squeezed by the water (giving more air pressure) the air pressure is detected by an air pressure switch when the right pressure is detected the fill valves close

that is how it works.

however, if the pipe connecting the the bottle to the pressure switch has a leak, the pressure never goes up, so it constantly fills. similarly if the pipe comes off it will never stop filling. also using "economy" own brand soap powders can cause blockages in particular in the bottle.

so you either have an air leak, pipe come off, dodgy pressure switch, or more likely blocked bottle

some also have a t pipe that t's off to the door interlock (so you cantopen m/c when full of water)

i can not say where yours is, but that is how they work

here is where the pressure switch is on a hp m/c

Great background information :) .
However I have not been able to locate a 'separate bottle' on the outer drum and hence not the pressure switch.
The Hotpoint pictures do not resemble what is in the Zanussi.

I have a device mounted above the drum which has a rubber breather/drain hose which does not go to the drum, but to the 'outlet pump assembly'. This device has over 10 wires connected to it :confused:

Another breather/drain hose runs from the 'outlet pump assembly' to the door handle.

Is the pressue switch part of the 'outlet pump assembly'?

There are also two electrical sensors mounted into the base of the outer drum, could they provide an alternative method of pressue sensing?

Do you know of any links where I might find a schematic of a Zanussi washer, so I can locate the pressue sensor?

Thanks

Dave

as i said, its unlikely to be the pressure sensor itself, and yes i figured yours wouold not look the same as a hp, the picture is for guidance only, it is probably a blocked bottle or broken / leaking pipe

i would guess the sensors you can see are for temperature detection

own brand soap powders do block things

Sponsored Links
Thanks Breezer.
The problem now seems to have gone away since playing with all the pipes :confused:
Perhaps I will also invest in a better quality powder.

Thanks again.

TooTall :D

please do.

may i also suggest you buy a packet of washing soda crystals, put it (contents not packet) in drum, put on 40 degree wash with nothing else, it clears out all the crud

You need to clean out the pressure vessel or the fault will come back. On Zanussis the pressure vessel is part of the filter / pump housing assembly and can only be cleaned effectively by removing the whole big moulding, which is clipped onto the base of the machine. The pressure vessel is the bit with one or more thin rubber tubes going to it. It is not easy to clean out but hot water, bottle brushes etc will help. I usually fill an old washing up liquid bottle with hot water and use that to squirt into the vessel through the internal passages of the housing.

Many thanks breezer...
Followed your post and sorted my Indesit washer/drier (WDG1295W).
For anyone else with this issue, on this one I found pressure bottle was a 25mm curved tube connecting to a black airline running to two pressure switches at the top of the casing. The tube is spring-clipped to the bottom of the drum. You need to heave the machine on its side to get to it. Being translucent - you can visually check for a blockage with a small torch before dismantling anything. If it needs cleaning out, its easy to remove with long-nose pliers. Thanks to breezer's info, a quick and easy (and entirely free) fix. I'm really grateful.

Post now locked to prevent further hi jacking
(I am leaving it as it is help full, not another question)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back