I was looking at the idea of buying a 4x4 double cab

Mitsubishi L200
Toyota Hilux
Nissan Navara
Ford Ranger
Isuzu Rodeo

Any ones to look out for or keep away from

Sponsored Links
These are all good vehicles in their own right - the most likeable of them all being the Toyota, as many are used for recreational use these days.
There's plenty of L200's out there....questionable looks in my opinion for the new ones, the Navarra has had some engine issues but that seems to be sorted; Isuzu had injector problems with their early (2002) models which the manufacturer honoured under an extended warranty; the Ranger is pretty rare and parts are expensive - but thats all I know about all of them.
One things for sure though - the underbody protection on all of them is hopeless so expect to see surface chassis rust on any vehicle, even a year old.
John :)

Had two rangers the Super cab and the Thunder,
No rust issues and the cab is now 6 yrs old.
Make sure you buy the inserts for the back, or you will damage paint and that goes for all of them.
Thunder was better as had the Turbo. Although the whole range does now I think.
Alright to drive and not too juicy. As with most watch them in the wet as the back likes to have a wander to the front :D
Parts were easy enough as they were reliable, needed a wing for the Super cab was gotten easily.

the hilux is the one to go for if you want reliability.
they use hundreds of em in the despot countrys,and they seem to last an age.

also top gear tested 1 to destruction,amazing when they lost it in the sea and next day after the engine got cleaned out of sand it started :eek:

Sponsored Links
If you are thinking of doing that with it, I should get two - just in case.

Peter

thanks guys, I do like the look of the Nissan seems to be plenty on the road, what year did they have engine issues?

Back