Central heating inhibitor - how to add to sealed system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to drain my rads and refill the system with inhibitor - what is the best way to add the inhibitor to the system? Can you get a dosing device that you can leave in the system so every time you change the inhibitor it is eay to add?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i believe you re fill it with water, and you "inject" the inhibitor through a rad bleed valve

i usually take out a bleed valve completly.....screw in a compression elbow with a short bit of copper in the other end and use a funnel.....with a small pipe..ie earth sleeve down the funnel and into the rad to allow air in and stop is gurgling (and saves taking the other valve out)

jamie

Sponsored Links
might be the same thing but I got a kit from salamander which is 2 plastic adadptors and a piece of pipe 4" long. Put the tube into a caulking gun, adaptor screws on to the end, other end screws into the filling loop and hey presto there you go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back