72 inch internal doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for anyone who suplies 72 inch internal four panel doors, and also four panel with top panels glazed. Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved. Also should I fail to find any I intend to find a 78 inch door with a deep bottom rail and remove 2 inches from the top and four from the bottom, then glue dowells through the tennons on each side of the bottom rail,can anyone tell me if this would be the correct way to strengthen the door.

Sponsored Links
I'd suggest that removing that amount of material from the door, would not only weeken it, but probably also spoil the aesthetics of the whole thing. If you were doing this to make use of some cheep doors you had knocking about, for something like a workshop then I'd understand. But to pay going rate and then have all the agro to end up with this result wouldn't be ideal.

Have you tried any of your local joiners. They can probably make the doors to measure. You may be surprised how reasonable their prices are. Have a look here (insert your own postcode).

heeelllooo and welcome :LOL: :LOL: ;)

i pretty much echo the sentiment of tex mex ;)

you will find modern mass produced doors do not have mortice and tennons the styles and rails are simply held together by gluing the moulded shapes together
look on the top of any mass produced door and the join line you see is all that supports the door

i would not remove more than about an inch "total" from any door because it will not only look poooo it will greatly weaken the structure

Sponsored Links
72' is a "standard" imperial height for doors. Try Jewsons, they are usually pretty good.

post locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back