Shower help req

Sponsored Links
Yes, but dont use that company.

You will need to remove the cover from the consumer unit in order to fit the new MCB.

It's 6mm cable I have on the shower that's there already.Is there any other company I can use for this type of mcb or any other way i can redo it without changing the mcb thanksagain.

Sponsored Links
haven't seen that style of mcb in B&Q they have the modern wylex and the wylex standard but not the NN style that he posted a link to.

TLC have them but they aren't that much cheaper than the fuse company http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Consumer_Units_Index/Wylex_NN_Range/index.html (the headline price is cheaper but you'd have to compare delivery charges if vat is included etc to find out which was really cheaper)

baldelectrician said:
Only if the cable will take the load under the conditions

If it's 6mm then it almost definately wont do

Is that the cable running from mcb to shower or incoming from the meter side I know it has to be replaced to 10 mm running from the mcb. Thanks again.

Loads of Wylex MCB on eBay. Usually fairly cheap.

Just make sure you buy from a rated seller.

(and avoid the ones where the MCB has that dark brown crispy look .... :LOL: )

If you intend to uprate the cable to the shower consider fitting an in line RCD. (you dont mention having one in the main CU)

bobbyjay said:
Is that the cable running from mcb to shower or incoming from the meter side I know it has to be replaced to 10 mm running from the mcb. Thanks again.
If your meter tails are only 6mm², or even 10mm², then you've got more important things to sort out before you fit a new shower...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back