Znusi washer dryer completly dead.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

We have a Zanusi washer/dryer which after completing the last wash/dry cycle died.

The power is definitely getting to the machine but there is no sign of life on the washer. No lights, no response to turned knobs and pushed buttons. The machine is only about four years old.

Our repair man said that power was getting to the circuit board (the “module” I think he called it) but if that was faulty Zanusi would have to do the repair. A new board probably.

Another source said it could just be a fuse on the board.

Does anyone have any views? How can I get to the board to check any fuse?

Sorry I can’t give you the model number as I am presently away from home and can't check it.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
there is no fuse on these boards if your certain that the power is ok then its usaully down to the door switch damaging the board

Thanks for your response, captaincaveman1.

So to be clear - It is probable that a faulty door switch has damaged the board.

There is power to the programme selector knob but nothing comming out of it.

Is this a DIY repair or will I need to contact Zanusi?

Regards

If you contact serviceforce the repair agents for zanussi make sure they dont qoute you for a configured pcb but for a non configured pcb that they themselves can configure as there is a vast difference in price

Sponsored Links
Just feedback to wrap this up.

Thanks captaincaveman1 for your support.

I checked the price of PCBs on the net and as you said the Configured board was about £140 and the un-configured board only about £100.

Armed with this information I did contact Zanussi direct and of course they started to sell me an insurance policy. My initial reaction was to refuse but at £160 for the year it was an OK deal.

So I got the repair with a new circuit board including fitting (possibly £200 without the insurance) + any further problems for the next 12 months at no additional charge and the prospect of a new machine if they can't ix it.

So all in all I think I did OK.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back