new dishwasher leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My new hotpoint dishwasher :rolleyes: leaks on/ around the rinse/ drying cycle towards the front of the dishwasher at the bottom,its not a huge amount of water but enough to need a mop every time I use it can anyone explain why?

Sponsored Links
first thing to check is that the machine is level front to back. ideally it should be level but a slight lean towards the back can some times stop a slight leak. also don't use a cheap brand of detergent. finally on a very rare occasion it can be down to how the crockery is stacked.

many thanks, could it also have anything to do with how the pipes fit at the back of the machine, ie it goes into a duel waste pipe with the washing machine. I also have a plastic T-Bar that links both appliances to the water outlet?

sorry for the delay in reply.
i don't see the dual waste being a problem, especialy if you still have a leak without the washer being on. sometimes when two are in a stand pipe you can get a back fill and overflow onto the floor if both machines are draining simultaneously.
the other thing puzzling me is why it waits to the rinse before it leaks. it's the sort of fault where i think you have to be there to work it out.

Sponsored Links
Hi

If its a new machine, get them out to fix it.

You have paid good money for a product, and it should work as advertised. Also you could invalidate any guarantee by attempting to fix it yourself.

Salem.

post locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back