Servis no Inlet or Spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Servis M6005 washer (<1yr old, but sold as used/returned) developed a fault a few days ago. After a failed wash I have investigated prior to opening the m/c.
:!: In any programme, it\\\'s only actions are to tumble and pump/drain. It will not take on water or do a fast spin.
I\\\'ve checked the sensor/switch at the top of the thin rubber hose which appears to be rugged/reliable and functioning.
Since these conditions occured together are they the symptoms of a faulty controller or is there another sensor that could cause this? :?:
I\\\'m OK to dismantle/clean substitute at the non-electronic scale of thing\\\'s.
Many thanks in anticipating any help/suggestions.

Sponsored Links
When you say you checked the pressure switch, what did you do? You can take off the hose at the switch and then run it on a spin programme to see if it spins like that. If it spins OK during that test you have a blocked pressure vessel at the other end of the hose.

Thanks.
Although I hadn't tried activating the switch with the mc running when I first posted I had done so since.
The controller reacts to the switch i.e starts & stops pump motor depending on pressure.
But it did this already if I manually fed it water through the soap drawer.
There's still no spin or inlet valve op.

When on a draining / spinning part of a programe I would expect the pump to run regardless of pressure switch status but there may be an overfill safety pressure level on the switch which brings in the pump at any point in the programme if it overfills. What happens when you put it on a wash, does it tumble with no water?

Sponsored Links
Yes on any programme wash rinse or pump/spin it never takes on water and never spins. it just tumbles and pumps.
I take the point about a possible blockage or split in the pressure switch hose.
We have been given/lent a machine so a fix is less urgent I can dismantle the hoses underneath first.
Hope I don't have to enter the drum, it might not be too bad it's held together with self tap bolts, the last one (bearing change) was a pig with the barrel ring round the back :mad:
If I can eliminate blockage/hose damage and it still doesn't work correctly I'll come back here.
thanx!

Just like to know if you solved your problem?. Was it the pressure vessel that was blocked.?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Haven't investigated further as yet, machine is un-installed (replacement lent to us) and missus been in hospital leaving me kids 24/7. Will remember to advise of result on here. Thanks.

Hi there i have a Servis M6135 its about 2 years old, when putting a wash on it is not completing the cycle, it dont spin, so when i open the door the clothed are dripping wet, yet when i then just select a spin only cycle it spins. Any ideas please Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back