Servis 1000A won't use external hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have said elderly washing machine. I have also recently had a new gas combi boiler fitted, which can produce cheaper hot water than the washing machine itself can manage using its electric heater.

Unfortunately, the washing machine seems to refuse to use any hot water from outside. I've hooked up the hose, checked the taps, and hot water definitely comes out, but the washing machine never opens its valve.

I gather that some hot fill machines have the hot water inlet capped off by default --- I don't see anything like that, though. Is it just that the hot valve is knackered? Or something else?

Sponsored Links
Yeah, he's right. I just tried the 95° setting and it filled from the hot tap, as did the 60° setting. Unfortunately, I do all my washing using the 45° setting, which doesn't... bah.

Oh, well. Ta, everyone.

Sponsored Links
Set the machine for a hot wash, wait until it stops filling up then change the programme to your usual one. :D

that's a good cheat but you'll have to make sure you only do it for colour-fast items, otherwise that rogue red sock will cause havoc.

At the moment I'm using an old Indesit machine with a temperature dial. I set the programme to 60 or 90 degrees but leave the temperature dial set at 45 degrees. It always fills with hot and cold mixed on these settings anyway so it never starts off too hot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back