flat roof replacement cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I need to have the flat roof on my garage/dining room redone, its started to leak and upon inspection, the deck has had it too so require full replacement

the tota area is 8m x 5m

any idea how much this should cost me?

Sponsored Links
Get three quotes from local contractors and that will tell you, you may find that 2 are similar and 1 is way more expensive or way cheaper, the 2 that are similar will be the going rate

ive had a few quotes

£1500 seems the going rate

ive been doing a bit of reading and it seems a fiberglass install would be a better and longer term solution. Ive had a look on the net and see i can buy the kits myself. Ive watched a few video's and it seems like its not that hard to fit, certainly no harder than relaying felt

im tempted to have a go myself as Im pretty handy

what do you guys think? should someone like me give it a go or am i best paying for it to be done by someone who really knows what they are doing? any idea how much a fibregass roof would cost

Do it yourself. It's a new world these days. You can get the kit and watch the vids - DO IT.

Sponsored Links
£1500 for 40 Sqm that's cheap,so that's for removing old roof down to joists rebooarding new covering and getting rid of rubbish?what covering were they doing for this price.

Do it yourself. It's a new world these days. You can get the kit and watch the vids - DO IT.

was seriously thinking about it mate. im pretty handy and with the vids online and bits of advice from the likes of you guys, im sure ill be able to do it.

at the end of the day, if a mistake is made, it can always be fixed.

ive watched a video on youtube putting the fibreglass sheets down and resin ontop. im pretty amazed that the fibreglass used is only 1 to 2mm thick with a 'special' paint ontop

i thought it would have been much thicker than this

The major thing to remember when doing the GRP is to take care with the adding of the catalyst getting the correct amount depending on ambient temps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back