Worcester Bosch Pressure Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody help me with a Worcester-Bosch junior 28i condensing boiler which I have been having problems with for 6 months...as I’m pulling my hair out!!!
The pressure in the system after being on for 20 minutes rises from 1.0bar to 3.5bar and then the water pressure fires the prv. When you turn off the heating demand the pressure drops to 0.5bar or less, so you top it up and the whole scenario plays out again. This eventually broke the last prv (because of dirt on the seat and it wouldn’t reclose)
Here’s what has been done so far:

1.The pressure vessel has been checked by an engineer. It is not broken and has the correct pressure every time it’s been checked.

2.As I say the pressure release valve has been replaced last week after the previous one eventually broke due to releasing water

3.There are NO leaks anywhere in the system

4.The system has been checked and serviced regularly and two engineers’ from different companies seem at a loss to the problem

Has anybody here got any idea’s???

ANY help would be most appreciated!

Sponsored Links
The communication tube to the vessel is probably blocked - or has that been checked too?

Sounds like expansio n vessel problem but you say that's been checked... Maybe some kind of restriction in boiler. How big is the house, is the exp vessel large enough to cope? If not adding an external vessel on the system may help.

The communication tube to the vessel is probably blocked - or has that been checked too?

One enginner thought it maybe this....but he says they shouldn't get blocked so I don't think he checked it.

Sponsored Links
The connection tube is the flexible type and can easily be checked for blockages. I suggest this is done before going any further. If your man is not sure how to do it then employ someone who can.

Has addition rads or work been done prior to the problem.

The connection tube is the flexible type and can easily be checked for blockages. I suggest this is done before going any further. If your man is not sure how to do it then employ someone who can.

Is this something I can do?

The case on these is sealed and hides the fan assy and heat exch and as such should only be removed / replaced by someone gassafe registered.
The work itself is simple and should take no more than 30 mins to complete.

The case on these is sealed and hides the fan assy and heat exch and as such should only be removed / replaced by someone gassafe registered.
The work itself is simple and should take no more than 30 mins to complete.

As above, and there will be a lot of pressure from the vessel when the tube is cleared as it will partially be filled with water. It is a simple job though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back