No Earth in Light Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to replace my bathroom light for something more modern but there is no earth wire. The current light is plastic.

Does anyone know where I can buy another plastic light or how I can fix this? :(

Sponsored Links
It doesn't necessarily have to be plastic. But it does need to be double insulated.

The symbol for this is a square within a square.

But ultimately, your lack of earth means a rewire (or at least a Periodic Inspection) is on the cards.

A periodic inspection report (PIR) is when an electrician comes around and does an inspection and test of the installation. The report should highlight to you any problems with the installation.

Sponsored Links
lauraj said:
What is a periodic inspection? Sounds painful!

few hundred, depending on where you live etc. if your wiring is old then i would recommend you get 1 so you know just how bad or good the wiring is. the report will also detail things that are wrong so you can make changes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back