Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have just purchased a Hotpoint Aquarius+ Washing Machine. Since i have started using it the water now comes up through the sink when the machine is draining, my old appliance did not do this & i wondered if this was normal. Is there any solution to this problem, as i use to wash-up while the (old) machine was on, but now i cannot do this, as the water pops the plug up. :mad:

Sponsored Links
sounds like waste from sink is blocked.try filling sink up with plug in and then empty sink and see if it empties in reasonable time, if not its causing back pressure and thats why washing machine water is coming back up sink. rgds gary

Thank-you garykim. I filled the sink up & the water goes down normally. Any other solutions? Would i need to call a plumber out - rather not, rather just live with it!!

It is possible that your old machine used to drain too slowly and introducing a machine that works properly has revealed a defect in your waste plumbing. You could try putting the plug in the sink when the machine is on or you could service the plumbing. As a first try you could put some bleach down the sink.

Sponsored Links
Hi Fido, thanks for your reply. But i have put the plug in the sink, but the pressure of the water just pushes the plug out. I will put some bleach down the plug hole, also i have some liquid stuff for unblocking sinks, might try that as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back