Potterton Profile e60 +banging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Profile e60, in the morning i get a big thud which rattles all the pipes (like a big bang) waking everyone up in the morning...( i am not a morning person..) I have worked out that the noise occurs when the hot water in the tank has reached the correct temp. I can make the bang happen when i turn the dial on the cylinder thermostat high then drop it back to normal, there is a winding noise from the 3 way valve and the a big thud which rattles through the pipes in the area. HELP HELP HELP....

Sponsored Links
I don't suppose you have an auto by-pass valve.
Are you sure it's a 3 port valve and not a two port?

Is the pump correctly wired to the boiler terminals, if not the heat soak in the boiler's cast iron heat exchanger can boil the water after the pump stops, causing your bang.

The valve is a Honywell silver box ( i am not a plumber ) with A, B & AB - T junction. How do i know if it is wired correctly ????. I have no other problems with the heating system, it does not over heat or cut out, it is just the bang and thud.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back