Hotpoint TDC30 Condenser Dryer Noisy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I took the side panels off to remove all the fluff from inside the dryer and when ive put it back together, it makes a loud consistent noise, like something is catching when the drum is turning. But if I push down on the front of the machine, the noise stops. What's happened? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
These machines are so flimsy that even just sitting on an uneven floor can warp the cabinet out of shape and make the drum rub against the back panel. I usually fit an extra washer on the rear drum shaft between the drum and the bearing bush.

Ok, so where am I putting the washer. Do I have to take the drum off the bearing? Or do you mean the back of the dryer, where you remove the small cover?

Sponsored Links
You need to take off both side panels and loosen any angle strips joining the front and back panels. Remove the panel that covers the rear bearing and remove the pin from the rear drum shaft. You can now pull the top edge of the back panel away from the drum far enough to get your hand in between the two and place a washer on the shaft. There are two types of bearing used, a square one or a tear shaped one. If your machine has the square one you might find that the shaft pushes the bearing out of its housing as you put the back panel back to its normal position. If this happens you need to rock the drum slightly to centralise the shaft whilst you push the bearing back in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back