Valliant Turbo Max HW Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a valliant boiler, pretty sure it is the Turbo Max, and I have a problem I am hoping someone can help me with. I bled some radiators the other day as there was a lot of air in the system, and after this the boiler would not work. I topped up the water as the pressure had dropped, which has solved this problem, but now the hot water fluctuates between hot and luke warm every 10 seconds or so. THis makes running a bath or having a shower a bit of a pain. Is this likely to be a problem with the pressure of the system as it worked fine until I bled and topped up the system. The pressure is at 1 bar when the boiler is off, drops to about 3/4 bar when running.

This is a combi boiler

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I suggest you pressurise to about 1.5 Bar.

It almost sounds as if you have disturbed dirt in the system and this has found its way into the DHW HE and blocked it partially.

Tony Glazier

Thanks for the replys, going to try to take it up to 1.5 bar and give it a go.

How can you tell which model number the Valliant is? All I can find on the boiler is Valliant written across the front. (only recently moved in)

Thanks,

Andy

Sponsored Links
Just tried it after upping the pressure and it is still going from warm to hot every 10 seconds or so when running hot water, either from a tap or via the shower.

Time to call a plumber in?

Thanks,

Andy

Someone who calls himself a heating or boiler engineer might be a better bet than a "plumber". Ask in advance if and how they would deal with a sludged secondary heat exchanger and see what they say they'd do about it.

If it's a Turbomax it'll have a black inner panel with green knobs. If a Turbomax plus, there's a digital (LCD) display . A Turbomax Pro doesn't have a door in fromt of the panel with the lcd display.

Ask your intended helper which boiler you have . If he can't say what I just did he hasn't seen too many!

(hope someone tells me quick if I made a mistake!!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back