Toilet Flush Pipe Inlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just moved into a new house that has been empty for a while. After a couple of weeks, noticed that there was a leak from somewhere around the toilet. Investigation showed that it was coming from the toilet flush inlet. The toilet is a Roca and has the internal type of inlet (Flush pipe enters into the toilet and has a thick rubber seal.

Anyway, when I removed the seal I noticed it didn't look in the best of shapes. It is stamped with the Roca name. Just went down to B&Q and bought a new 40mm one (Opella Flush pipe connector.. Black rubber).

Assembly went fine but after a few flushes noticed I have the same problem. Again, the leak appears to be coming from where the flush pipe enters the toilet.

Now, I am assuming that Roca don't do an odd size fitting here? Could it be just a poorly manufactured toilet?

Finally, any ideas of the best way to address this (without buying a new toilet)?

Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
Check with Roca to see if a standard cone will do, or if the do an 'odd sized' one.
01530 830080

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back