Myson Oil Boiler Keeps Over -Riding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler has over-ridden and stopped working on a few occassions in the last month. To re-start I take off the front and press the (thermostatic?)overide button and all is fine again. Boiler has just been serviced and is apparently fine but anybody any ideas why it keeps cutting out?

Tom

Sponsored Links
Could be a faulty thermostat (two stats, 1 overheat and 1 control) Could be air in the boiler, could be poor contact in the thermostat pocket. That should be enough to start with.

Cheers Oilman.

Definately got air in the water side (just put up a related post) so could this cause boiler to overide if a large enough air pocket passes through?

Presume the "air in boiler" you mentioned might be in the oil side causing an interuption in flow?

Tom

Just re-read your post. You confused me by mentioning a thermostat. Is the thing you press on the burner? If it is, it could be quite a few things. You need a man.

Sponsored Links
Yep, that is the one. I take the front off and there is a small perspex box with a red button on the front of the burner which is lit up when burner is not working. I press it and boiler starts up.....

It may have been serviced, but it's not fine. There are several things which can cause this, so you need someone to look at it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back