Radiators too hot !!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my radiators get too hot, I have tried to turn them down at each individual valve and also at the boiler (ravenheat rsf 820/20) but to no avail. I seem to have all or nothing and they are too hot to even touch (i have a small son and am worried of burns)
Any help/advice would be great

Sponsored Links
Turn them off, if they go off you know the valves are working. Then just open the valve slightly until you get what you are after.

have tried that but even when i do that they seem to still be too hot to touch even for me although 2 of the radiators only get hot at top when i turn a fraction on the valve.

Surely the radiator is either on or off with the thermostatic valves. Is it not the temp dial on the boiler that needs turning down?

Sponsored Links
thermostat control on boiler is set to minimum but it seems to make no difference to heat of radiators

Do you have a means of measuring the temperature of the water as it leaves the boiler (i.e. the pipework), and thereby seeing whether or not the boiler setting has any effect on this?

Did you ever sort the radiators out? I have the same problem.

They are so hot you can,t touch them. The thermostat in the boiler has been changed and also two thermisters.

If you did sort them can you let mr know what you did?

thanks

Did you ever sort the radiators out? I have the same problem.

They are so hot you can,t touch them. The thermostat in the boiler has been changed and also two thermisters.

If you did sort them can you let mr know what you did?

thanks

I would doubt he's going to answer that, the last time he posted on here was just over three years ago. If you have a problem it's best to start a new topic...

Thanks for replying but I had already started a new topic with something like Britony combe se 100 etc and I had a few replies. We changed the thermostat but they are still hot.

I just thought I would look back and see if anyone had the same problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back