Removing TRV cap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 1 radiator that has stopped working since the heating system was last on back in May 2005. I have read that it could be the pin in the TRV that needs a light tap to loosen it but I dont know how to remove the white cap on the TRV. Help?

Sponsored Links
1. Open valve fully by turning to the highest setting (probably "4").
2. Locate the grey or silver knurled ring underneath the plastic body.
3. Grip the ring with a suitable tool (fingers if it's loose enough), and turn anti-clockwise (when viewed from above).
4. Completely loosen and then remove the ring, and the TRV head with it.

Sponsored Links
Hello

I have the same problem except that the valve is marked Giacomini.

Most of the advice on internet refers to a knurled ring under the valve head but this one just has a plain plastic ring which does not turn with finger pressure.

Any help would be appreciated.

BJ

BJ said:
valve is marked Giacomini
ON the Giacomini valves you slide the white ring towards the head. This will reveal 4 plastic prongs which engage on the body of the valve. You can then ease the head off by wiggling it slightly and pulling it away from the body.

seems to be a common problem!

I have Myson TRV valves and have one radiator that is cold. I've bled/turn off other rads etc, so suspect I may have a faulty TRV.

Please can you let me know how to remove the head? I've looked for a 'pin' but none is obvious.

Thanks

chrishut

Many thanks for info on Giacomini valve. Head came off in about twenty seconds.

Rad now hot and wife a lot happier.

Again many thanks

BJ

I too am struggling with with a Myson 2 TRV. I think I need to lube the pin as the radiator hasn't come on this winter. I can't for the life of me see how to get the white plastic top off it. There is a black plastic base with the marker arrow and then the white top with the temperature markers.

Please can you tell me if you managed to take the top off your valve? Does anyone know how to do this?

If you do a search of this forum on Myson TRV you'll find your answer.

Oh, and forget about lubricating the pin. Look at some of the many threads dealing with this.

Hi - i think i have the same problem but i cant remove the TRV

The make of mine is a E.C.A - do i remove these by the large silver round nut away from the actual white TRV? and try and pull out a pin?

sorry for this, never done this before, as we have 1 cold rad in the bathroom that wont heat

I have 1 radiator that has stopped working since the heating system was last on back in May 2005. I have read that it could be the pin in the TRV that needs a light tap to loosen it but I dont know how to remove the white cap on the TRV. Help?

Hi i'm new to this too, I have a Siemens TRV any help in how to take this off please?!?!

Hi, I have fouyr faulty TRV,s that are causing vibration to my radiators, the TRV's are made by WESTHERM, there does not appear to be a knurled ring, nor is anything finger tight, there is however, two small levers that can be lowered and then raised, i have attempted to remove cap by lowering these levers without success. Can you please help

Regards Kenko

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back