Boiler reachers 4 bar plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a BAXI 105E system which has a pressure problem. I initially thought it could be the filling loop/washer. I have disconnected this however the pressure continues to rise. As a result, I have to continually release the pressure through the release value. The pressure even builds up when the central heating is off (only with the water heating portion on). Please advise what the possible cause of this could be. Many thanks Graeme Gagiano

Sponsored Links
If your filling loop is disconected then your boiler must be cross leaking from the mains into your system water.in a combi that would be at the water /water heat exchanger , in a system boiler that would be from the coil; in the cylender.

I would think if the pressure rises without the filling loop attached then there must be an internal leakage from the mains supply within the boiler.
It would not surprise me if it turns out to be a seal or fractured diaphragm.
I expect someone with experience of this will advise you.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

To Gigiano
I have this fault at the minute. What did it turn out to be ?

Sponsored Links
fmscoop said:
To Gigiano
I have this fault at the minute. What did it turn out to be ?
doubt Gigaiano will reply that was his only post, back in October 2003

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back