Low water pressure after new bathroom fitted!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi any help please guys?? I've just had a new bathroom fitted and the fitter removed the old thermostatic shower tap and also removed the small tank in the loft which fed the loo and made the loo run from mains, also the old radiator has been replaced with a towel rail.. Now since this the water pressure in the kitchen tap has dropped a lot, I can't check the bathroom taps yet as its not yet finished and the taps are not fitted yet... Any ideas why this has happened?? I have a new combi boiler if this helps???

Sponsored Links
check that your stop cock is fully open it will have been closed to carry out the works and might not be fully opened after

The small tank in the loft fed your central heating. If you have just had it converted to a combi system they should indeed feed the bathroom cold off the mains but some leave the large tank in place, meaning low cold water pressure. This will then show up as poor flow if you've had the wrong type of taps fitted.

edit just realised you said kitchen tap, is it just the hot that has dropped?
If both then as Ian said check the stopcock.

The small tank in the loft fed your central heating. If you have just had it converted to a combi system they should indeed feed the bathroom cold off the mains but some leave the large tank in place, meaning low cold water pressure. This will then show up as poor flow if you've had the wrong type of taps fitted.

edit just realised you said kitchen tap, is it just the hot that has dropped?
If both then as Ian said check the stopcock.

Hi the tank in the loft fed the toilet I believe?and was only small about two foot square.
The water pressure is the same with either hot or cold water..
I've not yet had any taps fitted to the bathroom as its not yet finished...

Sponsored Links
As has been suggested, have you tried turning the stop cock (why is it called such a rude word anyway) to fully open? If water pressure low on hot and cold, this is a possible cause.

As has been suggested, have you tried turning the stop cock (why is it called such a rude word anyway) to fully open? If water pressure low on hot and cold, this is a possible cause.

The stop cock is fully open and still pressure is low..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back