myon apollo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have just moved into a new house and have a myson apollo boiler. The thermostat on the boiler seems to have a hi/low setting. When set to low the radiators aren\\\'t very warm but when on high the radiators are too hot (as we have two small children). The boiler also fires for about 20 seconds on low and then switches off - which doesn\\\'t seem very efficient - when set to high it fires for a lot longer. Are there any other settings on the boiler or is it just the hi/low switch? or does anyone know where i could get a manual for the boiler? Any information would be appreciated. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
There are only the H and L stats over than overheat stat.
These boilers are low water content and DO scale up The pump should be on full. Its probably getting towards the end of its days could be twenty year old. Thers no problem getting spares

If your boiler is only firing for 20 secs on low then sounds like the low stat is faulty.
Normal cut off temperature of the water leaving the boiler on low is 71.C High is normally 82.C

Sponsored Links
I've got exactly the same problem with my Apollo. it's a 65/80B. Have you found the answer yet?

have a feel of the flow pipe coming out of the boiler. If this is getting VERY hot during the times when the boiler is firing then the chances are your pump isn't shifting the water round fast enough.

Could be a knachered pump. Could be a fuzzed heat exchange impeding flow.

Also - I would try changing the setting on the 3 way valve to manual and check that the problem is still happening.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back