Which type of shower for pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of getting a power shower to replace my current electric one - and have decided to access the shower from the wall in the next room.
i.e. cut out a section of plasterboard to access the shower from behind - we've only been in the house 8 weeks and the shower cubicle is fully tiled and I'm not allowed to disturb them ;)

I'll use the heavy plastic piping up into the loft to provide the hot and cold feed and have decided that buying a separate pump and shower is the way to go.
I had initially thought of an integrated shower/pump system like the Mira Event but, as I would still have had to open up the wall to provide hot/cold feeds, I'm as well going for the separate pump option. [also quieter?]

My main question is this - what kind of shower head/controls do I put into the shower cubicle itself?

Cheers

Homer

Sponsored Links
You have tons of choice Homer. Just choose something pleasing, from a mature and reputable manufacturer, and then check that it will work with pumped and balanced feeds. Oh, and you'll prefer a valve with a thermostatic mixer.

Since you don't to wreck any tiles, get an exposed (surface mounted) model.

A Trevi Blend would fit the bill, as would something from Aqualisa. If you have tons of dosh the Quartz remote pump microprocessor jobbie is marvellous.

Thanks for the response. The Aqualisa showers look incredible - but at a price :cry:

I stopped believing in Santa and fairies a long time ago ;)

The Trevi Blend look more in my price bracket - I'll check them out.

Thanks again

Homer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back