CH Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a Grundfoss Pump that is not working on my Unvented Water system. How can I check it is the pump that is at fault and how easy would it be to change as the system is constantly under pressure ( I have no feeder/header tanks) :cry:

Sponsored Links
the pump should have isolation valves either side of it.

you should be able to feel the pump "vibrating" and the pipes should be the same temperature either side.

you could also try bleeding the pump, (large screw in the middle, you slightly undo it, a bit like bleeding a radiator)

but as i am not a plumber or heating engineer you may want to try feling it first and wait for a 2nd opinion

I am not a heating engineer

When you close the valves either side of the pump be carefull as you undo the pump connections cos sometimes the valves leak like H**l.
You can reduce the pressure to 0 with your drain cock if the valves leak then refill afterwards.

Sponsored Links
The grundfoss pump has a large chrome screw cap, undo this with a cloth around to catch the dribbles, you should be able to see the shaft spinning when on, a rule of thumb is that when on speed 1 you should still see it spinning fast but be amble to slow it down with pressure from an old small screwdriver, if you can visibly count the rotations then its running too slow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back